Saturday, May 21, 2011

Untitled

Recently one of my oldest friends Douglas Sweeney committed suicide.  I have known him since third grade and had no idea anything like this would have ever happened.  The worst part is, is that he didn't know the Lord so sadly, no matter how much it hurts to admit, he will have everlasting death.  If only I could have brought him to Christ then maybe he wouldn't have even killed himself.  I miss him and this song is my interpretation on what God's perspective is on his death....

Verse 1
I remember when you opened your eyes for the first time
I remember that smile you gave to your mom
I knew it'd end like this but nothing can prepare you for the death of a son

Chorus
ooooooonly, if you had know me
back, when you were afraid, of living his way
life, is all to short, to end it like yours
You'll always be in my heart, but that doesn't mean your coming back

Verse 2
I remember the day that you turned eight I'm getting
Older you said, it made me want to cry
Can we make this last a little longer, were halfway there

Chorus

Verse 3
I rmember the first day of sixth grade look at me
now, I'm on top of the world
Then why aren't you standing next to me

Chorus

Bridge
Then sophmore year came around, I still wasn't
there to hold you feet on the ground
You will never know the perfect love I have
The grace and mercy everlasting
All of this and more could've been yours
If you would've just
believed

Chorus

1 comment:

  1. :( So sad..."For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life. For God did not send his Son into the world to condemn the world, but to save the world through him." John 3:16-17 Keep sharing Jesus, bro. We can't make anyone believe, but we can tell what we know. It truly is a life and death matter....

    ReplyDelete