Sunday, May 15, 2011

This Is Weakness (You Promised Theres a Day)

This song was written when I was in a fairly dark place.  Not so much emotionally or physically, but spiritually.  Even though we as humans are dirty, broken, and shattered beyond what may seem repairable, God sent his one and only son down Jesus to die for our sins so that we may be repaired.  If we put our entire faith in the Lord we will not perish but have everlasting life.  We will become sinless and enjoy a life on a new earth.  Although we all have weakness, God has promised there will be a day when we will all be washed clean.

Verse 1
Why am I so afraid
To be left here by myself
Temptation is crawling
into my head
This is weakness
I have always struggled with
are my walls
crumbling down

Pre-Chorus
But I'm not left alone in the dark
There is one who will always posses my heart

Chorus
Jesus, I'm counting on you again
to come and free my heart from this sin
I know I'm dirty; you can see
But you promised there's a day that we'll all be washed clean

Verse 2
The room has
Slowly filled with smoke
As I take another drag of poison to my soul!
Is it worth it
You scream to my face
I'm having trouble hearing right now
This will have to wait

Pre-Chorus
I've locked the doors I can not breathe
I've finally realized, God this isn't me!

Chorus

Bridge
Thank you God
For rescuing my soul
I couldn't have done it without you
could have left me on my own
But by grace I'm saved through faith
This I know you told me
Now I see, now I see

Chorus x2

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Spencer! I love your songs and I'm praising God that you are using your gifts for him!! Also loved seeing you leading worship last week.

    ReplyDelete