Sunday, May 15, 2011

Our Current State (We The Light)

I think this is the very first worship song I ever wrote.  When I was writing it I was just thinking about how messed up the earth is right now.  Ever since Adam and Eve the world has only  been turmoil.  God even had to flood the entire earth because of it!  If God hadn't promised not to do it again, I'm sure he would have flooded it at least another dozen times by now.  Our job though as Christians and children of the light, is to guide others to Christ and try to make a difference on the earth during our short time here and that's really what this song is about.

(verse1)
I look around and i see
the reason we're all doomed to bleed
the reason we're all dead inside

When mindless heads wander the street
we only think of what we need
the things we think make up our lives

Pre-Chorus
So i sing
sing out oud

(Chorus)
So, lift your hands
let me see
your voices shouting to the sea
the beauty of our god is everlasting

we will shine
with our light
across this dark midnight sky
for those today to see and forever more

(verse2)
I think about the day we're all waiting for
the day that Jesus our savior will rescue us from this earth

Oh let it come cuz when it comes
you know that I'll be ready
to move on to heaven

Pre-Chorus
And this is why is sing
sing so proud

(Chorus)

(bridge)
And maybe one day
God, I hope that someday soon
you'll let me play this song for you
this is all for you

(Chorus X2)

3 comments:

  1. Spencer Baker, you are so cool man! Keep up the praise and worship of God!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So amazing Spencer! Love it! This is such a great thing. :) Im so glad your sharing this with us, God bless your heart. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is awesome Spencer! ♥ LEGIT. I love this song bro. God's blessed you with AMAZING talent. :D

    ReplyDelete