Sunday, May 15, 2011

Kids In The Way

This song was originally written as a metal song for my old band but it works fairly well as an acoustic song to.  This song is just a tremendous cry out to God to save me from the temptations of life.  I used to have a little problem with drugs, more than I let most people know, and I wrote this song during this time.  Although temptation will always be there, I am drug free and forever will be.

Verse 1
Sometimes I'm so scared I can't think to talk to you
The pain thats in my life right now is something I can't get through
I'm sick of all these things that lead me away from you
That lead me away from you

Chorus
I'm tired of the lies
These black and empty skies come raining down on me
I'm tired of the hate
The simplest words  you say can penetrate the deepest parts of me
And I'm tired of you
And what you need me to be

Verse 2
Livin life by the mile just to get high
Is this really what you have called me to be
I've let you down please let me in
God save me
God save me

Chorus

Bridge
And even as I write this song
You sit upon your oh so royal throne
Your judging me
Try to break me down

Chorus x2

No comments:

Post a Comment